How many of you have been eating well & exercising, then bam...you hit a weight plateau, or keep getting sick? Sometimes the best thing to do in this situation is hire someone to help you or motivate you. Whether it's a personal trainer, a life coach, a nutritionist, or a yoga instructor; sometimes you just need a push in the right direction to keep moving forward.
So, if you're thinking of hiring a nutritionist, but aren't sure what one could do for you, or what the difference is between a dietitian and nutritionist, here are some things to consider.....
- base their food recommendations on the Canadian Food Guide
- often work with Doctors to provide dietary guidelines to treat the symptoms of an illness
- will recommend artificial sweeteners over natural ones, margarine over butter...
- take a holistic approach and treat the whole body (mind, body, spirit)
- work to get to the root of the illness or imbalance and help the body to heal itself
- treat each person individually, and make recommendations specific to each persons own unique needs
By working with a nutritional counsellor you can achieve higher energy levels, increase your chance of reaching your health goals, find ways to prepare healthy and tasty foods and learn about your own unique biochemical needs.
So, the next time you're losing faith in yourself; call up a professional to get you moving back in the right direction!
In good health,