52 weeks of good health....

every week I will share with you a tip to improve your eating habits or lifestyle to help you reach maximum energy levels and increase overall physical and emotional health.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Recipe of the Week

So, in light of the Eat More Veggie's post, I thought I'd post the veggie wrap that I've been eating daily for lunch. It's super easy and is yummy and filling....

Veggie Wrap

  • 1 red (or yellow or orange) pepper, chopped
  • 2 roma tomatoes, chopped (or you can use cherry tom's cut in half)
  • 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
  • 2 avocado's, chopped
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
  • 1/4 cup raisins
Toss veggies with your favourite salad dressing (I'll post mine below). Spread hummous down the centre of a tortilla, top with greens and veggies. Sometimes I'll even through a little goat cheese in the mix. Roll and enjoy! You'll definitely have some filling left over, since I have to make extra of everything to share with my little one!

I have 2 different dressing that I love to use, depending on my mood. The first is a balsamic vinegrette, the second is a curried honey.

Maple Balsamic Dressing (from the Whitewater cookbook)
  • 2 tbsp balsamic
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil (unrefined)
  • 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 clove crushed garlic
Shake to combine.

Honey-Curry Dressing
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 tsp curry powder
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp tumeric
  • 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil (unrefined)
Whisk ingredients together (or place in a jar and shake until combined.)

Enjoy!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment