This blog will be all about healthy eating. For each week, I will give you a tip on how to improve your eating habits or lifestyle to create a happier, healthier you in 2010!!
This week's tip is simple enough -- drink more water! I know you've probably heard this one over and over, but it really is the easiest way to start on your road to good health. Every cell of your body needs water; in fact the adult body is at least 60% water. On average, we need to drink about 8 cups of water daily to stay hydrated.
Easy ways to start drinking more water:
- Start your day off with a glass of room temperature water with half a lemon. This will help wake up your digestive tract and flush out toxins.
- bring water with you wherever you go...this way you won't find yourself thirsty with nothing on hand.
- if you're going to be sitting for a long time (at your desk or watching a movie), make sure to have a glass with you and make sure to sip on it!
- add lemon, limes or mint leaves if you don't like plain water.
- drink some if you are feeling snacky...sometimes our hunger is thirst, masquerading as hunger.
And remember, you'll know that you are properly hydrated if your urine is running clear. Keeping hydrated will not only help with your digestion, it will keep your skin looking fresh and moisturized, help flush out toxins and leave you feeling energized!!
In good health,