52 weeks of good health....

every week I will share with you a tip to improve your eating habits or lifestyle to help you reach maximum energy levels and increase overall physical and emotional health.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Love the Ones You're With!


There's more to maintaining a healthy body besides the food you eat (or don't eat!). It's also important to nourish your soul...one way to do this is to develop and nurture your support network.

We all have a network of people that we can help us problem solve when we need it (and if you don't you should really keep reading!), this may include family, friends or work associates. But, most of us probably take for granted that we have those people in place.

The majority of my family lives on the other side of the country, so I've really had to get used to relying on friends, as my support...I was amazed last week when I had so many of those people offering to help me out when I was in need of last minute child care. But, then I realized that these people have become my support group over the past year and I am very grateful to have them.

I think that it's very important to be grateful and show your gratitude to people in your network and that is part of "nurturing" them...pay it forward, give it back...how ever you want to do it. It could be through babysitting, going for coffee/tea, giving a gift certificate for dinner out, or even simply listening when they need support. I think that most of us will agree that it feels just as good to support, as it does to be supported.

So, remember to maintain these meaningful relationships with family and friends. These relationships nourish our heart, body and soul.

In good health,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment