For those of you complaining that you still can't make time for breakfast...these bars leave you with no excuses!
Oatmeal On-the-Go Bars (Makes 18 Bars)
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk (any kind of milk — rice, almond, soy, cow’s — will work)
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup ripe, pureed banana
- 1/2 Cup natural peanut butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Dried Fruit (Cranberries, Raisins, Blueberries, and/or Cherries)
- 1/2 Cup Nuts (Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds, and/or Sesame Seeds)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the first 5 dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
3. Mix the milk, applesauce, egg, agave, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, stir to combine and then stir in the dried fruits and nuts.
5. Pour the oatmeal mixture into a buttered or greased 7 x 11 inch baking dish.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until thickened and golden.
7. Cool, cut into squares and serve.
*Allow to cool, cut into squares and place in a ziploc bag to freeze up to 4 months. When ready, allow to defrost in fridge for 24-48 hours.
*Refrigerating the bars will make them last up to 5 days.