1. Think young – develop an “ageless” attitude about yourself and everything you do.
2. Act young – Do things that are fun. Find the fun in what you are already doing.
3. Exercise regularly – Stretch every morning after you wake up. Take part in some form of aerobic activity three times a week. Walk more, drive less.
4. Eat a nutrient dense diet, making high quality protein a priority in your diet. e.g. fresh fish, free range meats and chicken. Avoid processed meats.
5. Drink lots of purified water – at least two litres a day.
6. Start each day by drinking the juice of half a lemon in hot water. This helps to cleanse the digestive tract, liver, and kidneys.
7. Maintain a healthy weight by eating only when genuinely hungry and only as much as needed to satisfy hunger.
8. Avoid adulterated fats, which cause cell degeneration. (e.g. margarine, shortening, trans fats, and overheated fats/oils using in deep frying)
9. Make olive oil your dietary fat of choice.
10. Avoid concentrated and refined sugars of all kinds – they weaken the immune system and contribute to weight gain.
11. Avoid tobacco, both direct use and second-hand smoke.
12. Replace white flour and white rice products with 100% whole grain counterparts.
13. Keep bowels moving at least once a day – The intestines are capable of holding up to 65 pounds of waste. It takes water and fibre to keep the bowels healthy.
14. Get to know your body and pay attention to symptoms – learn to recognize potential problems before they developing into more serious diseases.
15. Eat a diet rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids - both help neutralize the damaging effects of free-radicals (toxins). Vegetables and fruits are the best sources of antioxidants. Cold-water fish, freshly ground flaxseed and walnuts provide omega-3s.
16. Avoid alcohol. Alcohol's damaging effects on the central nervous system is well established.
17. Take a multivitamin that contains B vitamins. The B vitamins: folic acid, B6 and B12 are related to healthy cognitive function.
It’s Only Too Late if You Don’t Start Now!