Curried Zucchini Soup - people were looking for a recipe involving soup and something to help use up the loads of zucchini from their veggie gardens. I came across this recipe last year on allrecipes.com and had almost forgotten about it; if you like curry then this one's for you!
· 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
· 1 tbsp curry powder
· Sea salt to taste
· 4 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1inch slices
· 1 quart low sodium chicken stock
· Red pepper flakes (optional), to taste
· Plain yogurt for garnish (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large pot. Stir in the onion, and season with curry powder and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in zucchini, and cook until tender. Pour in the chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
2. Remove soup from heat. Use a hand blender, or transfer in batches to a blender, and blend until almost smooth.
3. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and garnish with yogurt (optional).